Online One-to-One Sessions FAQ
ONLINE CLASSES FAQs
Please arrive 5-10 mins before class to check your connection and the position of your camera, especially if first time using Zoom for online classes.
For online yoga and movement classes, please eat 2 hours before class.
For online Sound Circle, earphones might enhance your user experince.
During the Online Class, it is best if you can be in a place where you would not be disturbed.
- Yoga mat (required)
- 2x tennis or lacrosse balls (required)
- blocks or thick books or towels (required)
- bolster, blanket (desired)
- straps (desired)
- Wear comfortable clothing for yoga
It is not recommended to practice on full stomach, eating 2 hours before class is advised.
After I purchase a class, what if my internet connection does not work? User experience depends on an internet connection, we suggest that you come in class early to test the connection. If the connection issue is at your end, it’s ok as you will get a recording of the class after. If the connection issue is at our end, you can use your class pass for the next class.
Yes you can see and hear the teacher from your device during the class.
You can use the chat box within Zoom to type messages to the teacher/group. Or you can ask your question after class or by email. If you need specific instruction for your conditions, please email teacher in advance.
Yes so long as you can still have your undisrupted place to practice. Please note that however, that pricing is for per person so if you have another adult joining the class, please purchase a class each. Thank you for your support for our small business.
The teacher will use verbal instructions to guide you through. Yes there will be no hands-on contact adjustments!
During class, all mics of students will be muted as the class is being recorded.
You have a choice to turn your video/camera on or off. If you do not want to be seen, you can turn off your camera. For a Yin Practice, this might actually help to enhance your inward journey. However, please note if your camera is off, the teacher will not be able to see you so please make sure you take care of your safety at all times.
Zoom is a video conferencing platform that enables lives streaming. All Heal with May Online offerings are powered by Zoom. You can find out more about Zoom here.
If you have not used Zoom before on your computer, please note that the Zoom installer file will download automatically when you join your first video class. Simply double-click on the downloaded file and let it walk you through the installation process. If you have any trouble with this automatic download, you can get the Zoom Client for Meetings from the Zoom download center.
If the system asks you, "How do you want to join the audio conference?," click the green button that reads "Join Audio by Computer."
- Check for Updates! It is imperative that you’re using the most current version of Zoom or it may affect your live class sessions. Visit this link for video instructions on how to update Zoom. While using Zoom, watch for any notifications of new versions available and update as soon as you can.
- Test your Zoom Connection. You can join a test Zoom meeting by visiting zoom.us/test to familiarize yourself with Zoom and test your microphone and speakers. For full instructions please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-Test-Meeting
- Connect with an ethernet cable for faster internet (as opposed to WiFi)
- Make sure you have the most updated Zoom Software.
- Use Google Chrome or Safari as your browser.
- Quit high bandwidth programs not needed during live classes.
- Have the Zoom phone numbers on hand as a backup connection.
- Use a comfortable headset during the session.
- Remove or turn off sound generating devices (landline telephones, cell phones, fans).
- Should you choose to be on video, check your lighting so that your face is visible and not shaded or backlit.